Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I went out in the wet and dark autumn evening that smelled of wet maple leaves, uplifted by the art


This is the case: Manifest Journal press this week Vigdis Hjorth Brecht's essay "Scripture and matter" from the essay collection "Rejoice and danger. ericsson minilink Essay on poetry and existence. " The essay printed as a serial in five parts.
When I was twelve, I was going to the theater for the first time. My uncle was an actor at the National ericsson minilink Theatre, ericsson minilink who visited Oslo with Bertolt Brecht's The Good man of Sezuan. Three gods, my uncle played one of them, traveling down to the ground to see how people feel. It's ericsson minilink bad to. The traitor and cheating, stealing and lying, and no one will give gods shelter. Only the prostitute Shen Te. Before the gods go home, they give her a shop thanks for the hospitality said she should not have to judge prostitution. But Shen Te is too nice to judge conducting business. He who can not pay, you still lasts, Shen Te has not the heart to say no. In order to save the store, she must fabricate a naughty cousin. Once a week she dresses up like him and drives relentlessly into their money:
I went out in the wet and dark autumn evening that smelled of wet maple leaves, uplifted by the artistic experience, shaken by the question: Is this how it is extensive in the world, it is not possible to be good? What shall we do then?
I could not sleep at night and not the next, even on the day I walked around like unconscious. Until now I thought that it was meeting with theater ericsson minilink and literature that put me out, that the strong reaction pointed toward my work as a theater and literary man. But on reflection, and when I pick up the experience again, I think rather it was the policy that shook me, that is, insight into the insoluble problem of suffering is. Distress that social issues were not discussed, at home, at school or elsewhere, it could be the result of how the world was organized, no one had told me, I had never thought of and I would not think of, but I could henceforth not let be. I think I would say it said brightly as the meeting with Bertolt ericsson minilink Brecht made me aware that human society.
When we were writing the winter Norwegian paper on a writer, I chose Brecht. ericsson minilink The teacher did not know who he was but did not know that either some months earlier. She checked the obvious and came to the Norwegian hour with my worried. "He's a Communist," she whispered, afraid that other students would hear the word - it was in the early seventies. But I did not sense the A fear of communists. On the tiny school library existed ericsson minilink naturally enough no book of Brecht. I had to Deichman in the center, where they had, in addition to the good man from Sezuan, The Threepenny Opera and a collection of theater theory texts.
I borrowed everything, went home and opened Threepenny Opera, mentally prepared ericsson minilink to judge be affected as in the theater, but it did not happen, and it was basically a relief. Even though this piece is about how difficult it will act decent in an unjust society, it was full of redemptive audacity, frivolity and songs with titles like "The Ballad of the sexual slavery condition" and "Pimp Ballad", especially I liked Peachums "Morgenkoral :
Inspired by the hymn writing, which I though ericsson minilink was so fond of, but with a content that obviously would expose the hypocrisy of Christian morality, or rather, those who took it to income for the period to judge perceived as better than others; Christianity teacher, sanitary union women that dominated the neighborhood, my sanctimonious aunts that my mother did not dare stand up against. What a relief!
I read theater theory verfremdungseffekter, created Tåsen Theatre and set up the wicked man from Nordberg, a rebellious affair with lots of embedded ericsson minilink displays. My composition teacher had little sense of, I got G.
I read theater theory verfremdungseffekter, created Tåsen Theatre ericsson minilink and set up the wicked man from Nordberg, a rebellious affair ericsson minilink with lots of embedded ericsson minilink displays. My composition teacher had little sense of, I got G.
And so it was that when I nineteen years old were invited out of him would become my husband, in which he ironically spelled "åpera" and play proven to be Threepenny Opera, ericsson minilink I got the upper hand and immediately began parenting. Pointed out that he, NHH student, had laughed at the wrong place and not understood the play directed against these ambitious young men like himself. SA allocated by Pirate-Jenny fishnet stockings and red pout that he had been joined by key phrases such as, "What is a dirk against a stock? What is an illegal accesses ericsson minilink to a bank to the founding of a bank? "(3)
But to change people using poetry is difficult, it has both Brecht and I experienced. The marriage ended and the revolution did not materialize, but Brecht changed at least in theater history and my history. He awakened my community involvement and continues to grow the youth and in this sense does his writing as intended, though not to the extent he had hoped. He seeks to judge make the reader aware on inspections World

No comments:

Post a Comment